August Book Haul & Wrap Up + September TBR

Hey guys!

Here we are starting with the new posting schedule and I am willing to tell you all about my read in August, what I am planning to read during September and the books that I bought. So, without further ado let ‘start.

Book Haul


I know that last month I said that I won’t be buying any books but you guys know me and know that for me not to buy books it´s an impossible task. This are the new books that I have.



Arau by David Meredith

Even when I have been on vacation I was paying attention to the email. The thing is that David Meredith wrote me and ask me if I would be interesting in reading and reviewing his book Aaru. I read the synopsis and I found it to be quite interesting but I knew I wouldn’t be able to read the book until September and I told so to the author. Fortunately, he was fine with me reading the book in September and send me a copy, so thanks to David for send me the copy.


Las Crónicas de Arna de Laura Espinosa Solano

Everyone has their hobbies, mine is scouting the internet for books and I found this one. Las Crónicas de Arna is a fantasy book by a Spanish author publish by Editorial Hades. I wrote to the publisher and they send me a review copy so thank you very much to them for sending the copy. Unfortunately, it´s not translated to English.


The Prisoner of Heaven by Carlos Ruiz Zafón

In August, I read The Angel´s Game by the same author and I liked enough for me to want to continue reading the series. I cannot give a synopsis for this book because I just saw it and bought it because it was quite cheap. As soon as I read it there will be a review for it.

The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak

Absolutely everyone keeps telling how wonderful this book is. Many even say that this book is modern classic and I haven’t read it yet. I found it very cheap and I bought it. About the book I can tell that it´s set during the Second World War in a French village and that there is a girl who stole books. As soon as I read it I will let you know all my impressions.

Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan

For those who have already read the book it might sound crazy but when I watched the movie I liked it just fine and ever since I have been meaning to read the book. Again, I found it and I was cheap so I bought it and I am looking forward to read it whenever I have the time and I am in the mood for it.

Heir of Fire, Queen of Shadows and Empire of storms by Sarah J.Maas

I was considering waiting for a bit to buy the books that I didn’t have in the Throne of Glass series but I went to my favourite book store and saw them and I was not going to leave without buying any books so I bought them all. I know is a cheap excuse but it´s all that I have.

Wrap Up



El Pozo. Libro I de Arik de Pamela Pons Saez
I was send this book for review by the Publisher and truth to be told I was very excited about it cause the premise of it sounded really cool. However, it was impossible for me to like this book, despite its interesting premise the plot is shitty and the characters awful. I gave it 2 out of 5 stars and in case you want you can check my review by clicking on its title.

Illuminae by Jay Kristoff & Amie Kaufman

This book was a present from my mum and I have love it. There is a review coming out next week so stay tuned for that one. I am so happy I finally read it and for that I have to thank Evelina from Avalinah´s Books. I gave this book 5 out of 5 stars.

The Black Prism by Brent Weeks

I was very much looking forward to read this book and I have some mixed feelings about it. There were some aspects that I really loved and some that I didn’t like as much. I have a review prepare that will come out next month. From now I will tell you that I gave it 3.5 out 5 stars.

Sinfonia en el Inframundo de Juliana Riveros S.

I was send this book for review by the Publisher last month and I have already posted a review that you can check by clicking on the title. About the book I will let you know that has an interesting premise but the idea is not very well used, and that there are some fails in the edition of the book (which are mentioned in my review). I gave it 2.5 out of 5 stars.

The Game Theory a Very Short Itroduction by Ken Binmore

I bought this book a while ago, in Madrid Book Fair, because as I have already mentioned in other post I studied Game Theory this year and became fascinated by it. The book is very interesting and speaking with a Game Theory professor he told me that this book is one of that basics. I like it and I think it does a very good job in explain all. My problem with this book is that it has too much theory and very few maths. I ended up giving it 4 out of 5 stars, and I recommend you read it if you are interested in the topic.

Uprooted by Naomi Novick

This is one of the best books that I have read in quite a while. I recommend for all of you to read it. I am pretty sure that when this month ends and I pick my top 5 from this quarter this book is going to be there. You will have a review with more coherent thoughts in the future. Do I need to say that I gave 5 out of 5 stars?

The Angel´s Game by Carlos Ruíz Zafón

When I read The Shadow of the Wind I was not really happy about the book I found to be solved by Deus Ex Maquina which I think is what lazy writers do when they do not know how to solve the conflict. But you guys know I am masochist and that is rare that I leave a saga so I keep reading and I am happy I did it. The Angel´s Game is a different story with different characters that I like much better than the ones in the previous books. I gave this book 4 out of 5 stars and I recommend it for the fans of the author.

Gemina by Jay Kristoff & Amie Kaufman

If you have reach this fat into the post you sure know that the second book that I read this month was lluminae. I like the first instalment in this series so much that I needed to continue right away but this one disappointed me somehow. You will have a review but until that one arrives I will tell you that I gave 3.5 out of 5 stars.

Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake

I started this book right away when I finished Gemina but I could not finish it, I was bored and only make to the page 100. I will try to read it again when I am in a mood for those kind of books that are very heavy on the characters.

Crown of Midnight by Sarah J.Maas

During the second half of the month I was not really feeling like reading so I needed a book that I knew it would make me want to read. I trust miss Mass to make me wanna read and she did. I had already read this book a couple of years ago but never continue with the series due a completely lack of time but I do enjoy the series so now I won’t stop (mostly cause I have already bought all the books). Going back to the point I gave this book 5 out 5 stars and you will have a review soon.


TBR




I am not entirely sure in what mood I am, cause as I am writing this I am sick and I don’t feel like reading or doing anything but I know that I need to read this 4 books this month:

City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare

I am organizing along with another Spanish blogger a read along of all the books in the Shadowhunter Chronicles in publication order and this is the first one and is the one we are reading this month. A new review of this book will come as soon as the month is over (or when the schedule calendar has a blank spot).

The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss

Yes, I know I have already read this book once this year, but this time I am reading it with a friend for or online book club and as is my favourite book I don’t mind to read it over and over again.

Aaru by David Meredith

As I have told on the Book Haul the author wrote me to see if I wanted to read his book and I said yes. I am really looking forward to read Aaru because it´s a syfy and you guys know how much I love syfy books right?

Las Crónicas de Arma de Laura Espinosa Solano

This one is a fantasy and you guys know I am always in the mood for fantasy as it´s my favourite genre to read. I am looking forward to read this one because apparently involves a magic school, so I am sold for it.


And that was all for today’s post. What have you read and what are you planning to read? Do you have any recommendations for me for next month?


See you all next Monday. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Historias y Leyendas de los Cuatro Reinos. El Báculo Sagrado

El economista romántico

Un retelling del mito del hilo rojo