Follow Me Back

Hey guys!
I know today is not my regular posting day but I really need to come and tell you all about this book because it´s honestly one of the best books I have read in a while. And I seriously recommend it, and that´s a lot coming from me because I usually run away for every single Wattpad related story and this one started in there. I am talking about Follow Me Back by A.V. Geiger.


I read this book this weekend, and trust me when I tell you that for the last two weeks it´s been almost impossible for me to read as I am remodelling my room. Next weekend it will all be done but for now I only have a bed and a computer. And I haven’t been staying at my home this weekend I have been at my aunties with my cousins and it was all about that Jazz.

So, before I start to actually talk about the book I will like to thank SOURCEBOOKS Fire for giving me a copy of this book through NetGalley.

First things first, when I first enter this book I was hoping to find one thing, then when I was on the first third I was expecting another different one, and then on the second third everything changed and I honestly didn’t know what to expect anymore. And it´s been a while since I have been so surprised by a book. Honestly this was the kind of book I was needing and it´s just perfect for this time of the year.

Why I have loved this book so much? Well there are many reasons and I don’t even know where to start. I think I like the social critic that there is in the book. We live completely obsessed with social media and our phones. “Projecting” our lives into the lives of other people and obsessing about celebrities that we don’t even really know.

I think the cast of characters was really interesting. And that the whole work that the author did with all of them was amazing. I loved Tessa, she is such an interesting character, she has a severe agoraphobia because of something that happened during her summer program but we don’t really know what happened. And I have enjoyed seeing how she was coping with everything.

On the other hand, we have Eric. He is a popstar and he is kind of creep out about everything that happened with the murder of another popstar during the summer. Reading form this character was nice, cause even I am not familiar with that whole stardom thing I can imagine it might be upsetting at times. I mean, imagine having a constant crowd of screaming fans whenever you go? Having people analysing your every move? It has to be exhausting. AN by the way, this not actually related to the review, but even when the description of Eric, said he had blue eyes, I could help myself and I imagine him like Shawn Mendes (I know completely random).

I loved how the story was written you could tell one character from the other, and honestly it was really nice. Also, the format was very interesting. It was actual narration but the main point of the plot was told from Twitter DM and police interviews and I found that to be very interesting even when it´s not innovating (at least not for me).

And I really need to mention how even when treating with some serious issues such as mental health and stalking the author does it, in a very respectful way. Showing that she has done her research.
The plot was really well develop making twist and turns that you didn’t see coming but that actually make complete sense with the overall story. It was just amazing. And that ending… I really need the second book ASAP because yes, I just found out this book is first in a series of don’t know how many books.

Overall, I gave this book 5 out of 5 stars and will highly recommend it especially now that Halloween is coming because is the perfect modern horror story.


See you all in my next post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Historias y Leyendas de los Cuatro Reinos. El Báculo Sagrado

El economista romántico

Un retelling del mito del hilo rojo