November Book Haul & Wrap Up + December TBR

Hey guys!

Another month has come to an end and that means that there is a Book Haul/ Wrap Up/ TBR post in the blog.

Book Haul


So, I think I need to make a confession: “My name is Marta. I am 22 years old and I am a bookaholic”. I am aware that I have a problem, but I can help it: every time I walk close to my favourite library, I have to get in and buy some books… Sorry not sorry.

By the way in the picture I have not include all the books, because there were some that were huge and won´t fit.

So, the books that have been added to my collection this month are:

Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell

Books written by Rainbow Rowell just make me happy. Maybe they are not the best books in the entire world, but they are quick reads and they are extremely addicting. Besides I saw a video in which I head this book was kind of ban, so I am curious to see why.

The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater

I think that by now everyone has already stablished that my purchasing process is not logical at all. I haven’t yet rea The Raven Boys, which is the first book in this series and still I bought this one in case I loved the first one and just want to keep reading ASAP.

The Magicians Guild by Trudi Cavannan

The truth is that when I bought this book I was looking for the second book in the Fallen Kingdoms series, but this book is about a magical school, so I needed.

Sissi Empress on her Own by Allison Pataki

So, the day I bought this book I also bought the 3 previous ones. The thing is that I was already leaving the store but decided to buy a book for my dad as he was sick. When looking for the book for my dad I saw this one and I just needed to have it because I loved the first one and because I love Sissi.

The Peripherale by William Gibson

This is one of those books that I really don´t know how to explain because even when the synopsis grabbed me it was weird. I have already read this book, so I will talk in further detail in the next part of this post.

The Tiger by Joël Dicker

So, this is the first short story that Joël Dicker presented to a contest. He was accused of having copied it, but they told him that if it was really his story before turning 30 he would win an important award and, so he did. I was really looking forward to reading it and I was not disappointed at all. As I have already read it I will talk in further detail about it on the Wrap Up.

Macbeth by William Shakespeare

I am trying to read more classic and I love Shakespeare. Plus, in Spain we have these gorgeous editions that are beyond simple but that I love. And they are only 2.95 euros.

A Christmas Carrol by Charles Dickens

I saw the cover and it was gorgeous and I needed it. Plus, it´s really fitting for the season we are in.

Winter Garden by Kristin Hannah

I read the Nightingale by her a year ago or so, and this book has only been recently published on my country. The equation is simple: I want to read more by this author + there is a new book = Marta is going to buy it.

Beyond the Truth by Anne Holt

I think I going to be reading this one soon as is a murder mystery happening right before Christmas. Can it be any better timing? By the way, do you guys know who got me this book? Yep, it was my Godfather.  

Even the Dead by Benjamin Black

This book is also a gift from my Godfather because as I said on my October book haul he is the best. In my country this book won an award. Plus is the first one in a new series, and takes place in 1957.  

The Good Daughter by Karin Slaughter

This one is another gift from my Godfather and again is murder mystery. It´s about a woman that 28 years ago lived the kidnaped of her twin sister while she escaped. It sounds amazing and as soon as I read it you will have a review.

Parasomnias by Brenda Paz

This book was given to me by the author. It´s not my usual genre of choice but I said yeas because it sounded cool and it´s ok to go out of your comfort zone.

Inspired by Susan Schaefer Bernardo

In this book we follow a young girl as she discovers that her aunt is not who she thought she was. It turns out she is a muse (yes from the Greek mythology). So the main character is going to be dealing with all the high school drama plus some hangry gods. I received this book through NetGalley.

Firebolt by Adrienne Woods

This is a fantasy books that I really don’t know how to explain but I will try my best. It´s about a girl who doesn’t believe in fairy-tales until she becomes part of one. He dad is kidnaped, she is in a new word, a cute guy might turn out to be an evil dragon, a prince wants to steal her hart and a sorcerer has reborn just to kill her. I also got this book through NetGalley.

The Hunter´s Daughter by M.F.Lorson

This book it´s about two sisters that live with their father who is diabetic. It turns out that there is a disease called diabetic food that implicates that if not heal the food must be amputated, and that is what is happening to the father. So, the man goes solo to the mountains to enjoy a last hunt, while his two daughters stay alone. There is some romance and some mystery as the father disappears for longer than he should have.

Nothing but Sky by Amy Trueblod

This book sounds amazing because it´s about this girl who wants to be a pilot and that something you don’t usually see. Plus, it takes place between the two world wars, which is, also, something we don’t see often. I also got this book through NetGalley.

Keeper by Kim Chance

This book is another fantasy and it´s about a young girls that is attacked by a 200 years old witch and she doesn’t know why. It might be because of something her mother did? This is another one that I got through NetGalley.

Renegades by Thomas Locke

Everyone is like crazy with Renegades by Marissa Meyer but this one appeals to me much more. It’s a syfy that sounds kind of like six of crows and in case you haven’t realized yet I love Six of Crows very much.

La Centésima Puerta by Alfredo Cernuda

This is a book by a Spanish author that was sent to me by the publisher. It´s set in 2004 after the exploitation of the Bagdad Museum and follows a cast of characters quite interesting. I have already read this one, so I will talk about it in the Wrap Up.

La Elegía de los Olvidados. Tomo I by J.G. Zamora

This book is a high fantasy that was sent to me by the publisher. As per usual I read the synopsis when I requested it and thought I would like it, then completely forgot what the book is about so I can go into it knowing as little as possible.

Persuasion by Jane Austen

So, I went to buy some trousers and didn’t really check them, when I came home and try them and didn’t like them, so I had to go to change them. As I didn’t like anything else from the store I get my money back and spend it in books. This edition was beyond gorgeous, so I had to have it.

Murder in the Orient Express by Agatha Christie

This book is also what it was supposed to be my trousers. Long story short: I have been meaning to read this book for ages and never picked up. Now with the movie is everywhere so I picked it up. I have already read this book, so I will tell you a bit more in the Wrap Up.

Rebel Spring by Morgan Rhodes

This book was also a part of my trousers (yes, they were very expensive trousers). I bought before even read the first book on the Fallen Kingdoms series just in case I loved the first book and need to continue with the series right away.

The Silver Mask by Cassandra Clare and Holly Black

This is the forth book in the Magisterium series, which is a middle grade series that I loved. Plus, this book is written by Cassandra Clare. Do I need to elaborate any further?

The Battlemage by Taran Matharu

So, I know close to nothing about this book, but since I already have the first two books in The Summoner Trilogy I better have them all, so I can read all the books in one sitting.

And truth to be told I bought some other books but it was during Black Friday, so I will make a separate Haul for those next week.


Wrap Up


I am really happy with the number of books that I read this month. I read 11 books and most of them where huge. And one of those books took me 15 days to read so…


Nómadas de las Sombras by Alex Dhawer

This book was given to me by the author last month and I have finally read it. It´s a fantasy that I didn’t like. The development was boreing and the characters poorly written. I ended up giving this book 2 out of 5 stars.


If you know how to speak spanish please read this book because it´s just magnificent. I loved every single page of it and I really recommend for you to check. My review is link on the title of the book. It´s set between 1930 and 1939 in Germany and we follow how a Jewish family lives Hitler raise to power. Its such a powerful and impacful story that I cannot recommend enough. I gave it 5 out of 5 stars. By the way I have interviewed the author so if you speak spanis I will hivghly reocmenf to  check that out by clicking on the author´s name.

It by Stephen King

This is probably the biggest book I have read in my entire life and I am so disappointed. I was really enojoying the book, but then the las 500 pages happened and ruined verythihng for me. I will post a review as soon as I have the time for that. In the mean time just know that I gave it 2 out of 5 stars.

Arena Roja by Gema Bonnin

This was the book that Noe and I picked for our montly bookclub and it was fine. I didn’t love it but I didn’t hate it either. It´s a dystopia and its set like a 100 years into the future. IN that future asia is the first wolrd and Europe and America the third world. Faith is a privileged girl until her mother dies and ends up in Europe in a gladiators school. I eded up giving it 3 out of 5 stars.

The Tiger by Joël Dicker

This, as everything this men writes, was just magnificent and I love it. It took me 20 minutes to read the whole thing but it was just magnificent, mostly bcause Joël wrote this little tale when he was jut 19. I wish I was able to write like that now at 22. I gave this book 5 ou of 5 stars. And please, can I have all Joël Dickers book in the world?

Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

This was the book for the month of December and I was really happy about it because I have been meaning to reread this book for a long time know. I did like it but I was somehow disappointed. I think it´s because I have grow up and what I thougt it was magnificent when I was 15 I found kind of stupid now. I will post a review as soon as I have the time for it. I ended up ginving this book 3 out of 5 stars.

The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss

I think it´s time for me to make another confesion: I am deeply in love with this book. This year I have read it 3 times already and everytime I do it I love it more and more. I seriously cannot wait for the final book in this trilogy comes out. Once more I gave this book 5 out of 5 stars.

The Peripherale by William Gibson

This book is so weird that is just amazing. I love it and I gave it 5 out of 5 stars. I will write an English review to be posted whenever there is a blank spot in the blog calendar.


This book was just magnificent and a huge surprise. It´s a story following three different characters that you don’t know if are related and if so how. It was really interesting and I got the chance to interview the author  so if you speak spanish you can check all that stuff by clicking on the title and the nae of the author.

Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes

This book was a gift from my mother and I was dying to read it. I really liked even when I tought that it was kind of slow. I recommend it to all the high fantasy lovers. I endedn up 3 out of 5 stars and there is a review coming.

Murder in the Orient Express by Agatha Christie

As the movie was coming out this month and I really wanted to watch the movie I had to read the book and so I did. I really enojoy it but I have a problem with Poirot, he was too much like Sherlock and Sherlock is a well beloved character of mine so I don’t like he to be copy. I ended up giving this book 4 out of 5 stars. I will be doing a book/movie review as soon as I watch the movie.

TBR


So as per usual I will have super busy month, so I will be including here only those books that I have to read yes or yes.

Pide un deseo by Lana Fry

This is the book that Noe and I have picked for our book club. I am very excited to reread it as is written by a friend of mine and I read it while ago before it was published.

Snowman by Jo Nesbo

This is the book of the month for December, so I will be reading it.



That was all! What books have you recently added to your collection? What have you read this month? What are you planning on reading? Do you have any recommendations?


See you all in my next post!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Historias y Leyendas de los Cuatro Reinos. El Báculo Sagrado

El economista romántico

Un retelling del mito del hilo rojo