The Midnight Star

Hey guys!

I am here again and today I am bringing you the last review on the Young Elites. And my heart in broken because I´ve loved this series. I think it´s amazing from the beginning `til the end. I am pretty sure that when I do a post about my favourite series this one will be included there.

But that´s enough rambling, let´s go for the review. This is going to be a spoiler free review but as its the third book in the series you will find spoilers regarding The Young Elites and The Rose Society, books 1 and book 2 respectively. In case you haven´t read those yet you can check my reviews by clicking on the titles of those books.

The Midnight Star stars a few months after the events of The Rose Society. Adelina is now queen of Kenettra and she is trying to conquer the rest of the world. However, Violetta still missing and her illuminations are going worse. Might it be true what Rafaelle thought? Can it be that the powers of the Elites are the death of them?

This book was incredible from the very first page until the last of it. Seriously I think this is one of the best conclusions to a trilogy that I have ever read. And that´s saying a lot because I read too much.

The Midnight star was everything I needed and it´s incredible if think of it. There is a very different plot in each of the book in the trilogy but still everything it´s connected.

The writing style was magnificent. I really enjoyed reading this book thanks to it. As the book takes several points of view you get the chance to know all the main characters and some of the secondary characters by heart. I think the author did a terrific job cause throughout the writing we get to know these characters.

The characters are very well portrayed. In this case we get to see the end of the arc of these characters and in some cases the development they have been through is amazing. Some of them started as mere children and end up as adults. I mean at the end you feel bad for the good guys (remember that Adelina is a villain) and still you feel bad about the bad guys.  

The plot was amazing during all the trilogy. All the plot twist came in the right moments. Being each of the books a plot twist by itself.

Finally, I have to make a quick mention to the little tale at the end of the book that explains the title. It was so beautiful.



All I have to say is: thank you, Marie Lu for writing this series. I gave this book 5 out of 5 stars because, it was really entertaining on its own but it was, as I´ve said before, the perfect conclusion for The Young Elites trilogy.

I would like to hear your thoughts on the series. Leave a comment down below.


See you all next Wednesday. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Historias y Leyendas de los Cuatro Reinos. El Báculo Sagrado

El economista romántico

Un retelling del mito del hilo rojo