Back to Blogging

 Hey guys!

I know it's been such a long time since I last stoped to write a blog post but honestly I haven't had the time. I have been. trying to focus on Instagram as is a way ini which I can do all the stuff I like: write, taking pictures, and some videos. Truth is, even when I do like Instagram I love writing longer post than the ones I can do on Instagram. So I guess you are stoked with me over here. 

I am not going to promise to be the most constant blogger ever, because we all know how that turned out to be other times. However what I am gong to do is to commit to bring content I am very pasional about, which was something I was already dong but, I'll be extra-passionate for the time being. I am not going to have much time to post: I am starting Law school in about a month time, and I am going to be working full time, but I want to still be present over here so I´ll try my best. 

This post is not just about telling all the plans I have but also telling how my summer have been and what have I read seen. 

I have had an atypical summer, much like everyone. I have still gone out but it has not been the same as other summers. For once I have travel but I have not done any international travel. I am not very fond of planes on a regular basis (I am terrified of heights) but specially now I am not quite invested in spending a couple of hours in a very tiny, limited and close space; I much rather outdoor spaces or the safety of my car. Therefore vacation this year were all about just chill, read and Netflix and chill. 

I have not read as much as other years, and I am so behind in my reading goal that I am not even going to pretend that I will achieve it. It's ok, however: I have been in a huge slump and I do have so little time that I much rather read books that I know that will most likely enjoy than books that are small and will just check a box in the way that will prove that I have read yet another book. 

During the summer month I have read a total of 15 books, which is a great number. I am specially happy because I have enjoyed some of them much more than what I was originally anticipating. 

If you want to check all the books I read you can do so on my goodreads, feel free to add me as a friend, but for now I will be talking about the ones that I enjoyed the most. 

I have recently discovered Jennifer L. Armentrout and I am now determined to read everything she has come up with, but I am specially looking forward for book 3 in The Harbinger series (or is it trilogy?), specially after reading Rage and Ruin Honestly that book messed with my emotions so much. 

Obviously as soon as I learned that Joel Disked had come up with a new book, I had to read it and it was such an awesome book. I think that this book it's going to be long my favorites by the end of the year. I mean how can it not. Even book that this author comes up with is even better than the one before. 

As I have been stung all year long I have now discovered that I love romance. Penny Reid its the one to be blame for my new-found love for the genre, but the books I want to talk about now are not hers. The Upside of Falling by Alex Light it's a book that I loved and was so much fun; it has the premise of a fake romance, and the characters are just the best. The other romance I want to recommend its To have and hoax by Martha Walters, that was just the perfect regency rom-com. 

Of course as I speak of romance I cannot stop talking about Midnight Sun by Stephanie Meyer, which is Twilight but from Edwards perspective. I must confess that I am shocked and that I loved this book as much as I did. I now need all the books from Edward´s perpective. 

 I have also discovered Neil Shusterman and The ARC of Scythe trilogy. I read the first two books and now I am buddy reading the The Toll. This story is particularly interesting for two reasons: the whole idea of an utopian world that it's not that it's more similar to a distop
ian world; and secondly the surprising similarities that this world share with ours. 

Last but not least I have (finally) read Dark Age by Pierce Brown. Honestly I don't know why it has taken me to read this book almost a year because I was so eager to read it. I think that this is the best work by the author yet, and honestly I cannot wait to read the next book in the series. This book was so brutal and messed so much with me that now I am not sure if I want to read The Dragon Republic because I feel like it´ll mess with me too.

As for what I have watch I must say that I have finally seen The King and to be honest I was really dissapoiinted by the movie. If I have to say that I have watched a movie that was fun it would be Issie and Ossi, a German movie that had that asset of the fake relationship that was so much fun. 

I have finished watching all the episodes of Lucifer that are out now and honestly I need more. The fish season it's really engaging and I have loved seen Tom Ellis playing both Lucifer and Michael: the versatility and how you can easily tell them apart by just their way of walking it's impressive. 

And I have decided to suscribe to Apple TV and watched Defending Jacob because Chris Evans was on it. Nevertheless the show was such a great surprise and it was so engaging that I was left with the need of buying the book to see how good of an adaptation it was. 

I cannot conclude this post without talking about my new found love for Grey's Anatomy. My mum and I are so hockey to the show that we have watched 4 seasons it about 2 weeks. I´ll keep you posted. 

As I said I will be trying my best to bring as much content as I am able to manage but as I said at the begging of the post I´ll be a very busy woman this year. 

What are some stories that you'll recommend me to check? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Historias y Leyendas de los Cuatro Reinos. El Báculo Sagrado

El economista romántico

Un retelling del mito del hilo rojo