Throne of Glass

Hey Guys!

It´s Wednesday again and we have a date. Today I will be talking about one of the books that I read last month and really enjoyed: Throne of Glass. I reread this book as a part of a Buddy Read that I did with two other Spanish bloggers and a friend and it was so much fun; in fact, we are considering reading more books together.

Throne of Glass is the first book in a series by Sarah J.Maas  that has many books. I am not sure of the number and, of course I am not sure of how many books there will be at the end of the series. In this first book, we follows Celaena Sardothien, the world´s most notorious assassin. She is imprisoned, because she was betrayed by someone but one day she is offered a chance of freedom. She will be the crowns prince champion in a competition to find an assassin for the king and if she wins she could be free in 4 years.

By reading the synopsis, if you have heard nothing about this series you might think that there is only plot for one book, but there is so many things to tell in this universe. This first book is nothing but a mere glimpse in the whole thing. But that does not mean that the book is boring. It´s so interesting and once you have started you will not be able to stop reading it.

The characters in Throne of Glass are likeable. You can relate to some of them but you can also hate some. One of the things that I like the most is that there is a great variety in the cast of characters. You could consider this book to be diverse in that matter. But, of course, even when you can relate with the characters at a certain level there are things they do that can be annoying to you or that can be stupid. And as I am already talking about the characters I will do as I did on my ACOTAR review, so we are clear from day 1: I do not like Dorian at all, I declare myself #TeamChaol and I dont think any other male character in this series could make me change my way of thinking.

Other of the things that I have highly enjoyed in this book is the representation of female friendship. Often girls in books are just seen as rivals and, even when girls are competitive and we can be really mean at times, we also have friends. We all are not the Wicked Witch!

The writing of the author was nice. The story was mostly told from the perspective of Celaena, but at times we got other character´s POVs and it was interesting making the story grow in complexity. I think the style is the main cause for the book to be so dam addicting.

The plot is much more than what it´s told on the synopsis but I cannot go in any detail in other not to make any spoiler. But it´s a very well-constructed plot that leads us into the next book in the series.
If any complain, is regarding the romance. I did not like it, it felt not real to me. And I did not like the characters involve on it. I think they were better apart than together.


Overall, I gave this book 4.5 out of 5 stars ad recommend you guys to start read this series if you havent already. I will go on with the series as soon as I can.

See you all next Wednesday with a new post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Historias y Leyendas de los Cuatro Reinos. El Báculo Sagrado

El economista romántico

Un retelling del mito del hilo rojo