27 Recomendations to Read this Summer

Hello Everyone,


This week I´ve decided to change the order in which  I post just because I felt like it. It´s officially the very first day of summer and even though I have one more week until vacation I decided to recommend you a few books to read this summer; because July is so close and so many people go on vacation during this month and if you have to wait until August doesn´t matter, all this book are perfect for both of this months.

So summer it´s when everybody has time to read and when people that usually do not read get their reading done. So I am going to recommend you a few books that are quick reads and really fun. And in case you want to purchase I will leave the links to its Amazon and Google Play Books pages at the end of the post.

The first recommendation I want to make it´s Invisible by Allie Harrison. This was the first ARC I have never ever read and besides the book was so entertaining. In this book the action starts when a young single mother is trying to run son errands before taking her son to school. Suddenly they are involved in a bank robbery and from that point things turned out to be just crazy.  I wrote a full review for this book that you can check by clicking here.

Going on with the thrillers even when I am not that sure that this book is a thriller I will recommend you The Truth About the Harry Quebert Affair by Joël Dicker. Because this book it´s magnificent and everyone should read it. I´ve Heard so many good reviews about this book but also I´ve heard some bad reviews, as a matter of fact while having lunch in my best friend graduation I heard a bad review. However I read the book, loved it and posted a review that you can check by clicking here. Definitely this is one of my favorite books of the year and I gave it 5 stars.

Another recommendation but going for a very different genre is The Reflections of the Queen Snow White by David Meredith. This is a retelling of the Snow White tale but it´s also a story that tells us what happen after the happily ever after. You can read my full review for this book by clicking here.

Going on with the fantasy genre I have to tell you to read The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. This book is definitely is my favorite book of all times. In The Name of the Wind we get to know what happened to Kvote. A man who used to be extraordinary but now he is an innkeeper and he doesn´t want to know anything about his pass. Kvote saves Chronicler from a Scrael and when fine he asks to record Kvote story. Kvote decides to tell his story to this man but on his terms and from that point we get to discover an incredible story with an amazing world building and extraordinary characters. The Name of the Wind it´s a big book but each time I’ve read it I’ve done it in 3 days. It´s the first book on The Kingkiller Chronicle and once you have entered in this world you won´t want to leave.

And or course I cannot not recommend Harry Potter. I mean summer is the ideal time to re-read it, read it for the very first time or even re-watch the movies. This series is a 5 out of 5 stars and I will be re-reading all seven books in July, plus the Cursed Child. And I don´t even care that the latest it´s just the playbook, I mean I´ve already pre-ordered.



If we go to the sy-fy genre which I haven’t read this much I will tell you to read Red Rising by Pierce Brown. This is one of the best books I´ve ever read and even when there world building takes so long the book is exceptional. This is the first part of a trilogy and all of the books are published already. However Pierce Brown announced that he is writing a new trilogy following some characters after the events of the final book of the trilogy so if you end up liking this one, you will certainly will have material for a while. I wrote a full review for this one and you can check it out by clicking here.

And because I would like to pretend that this post have some kind of order and the previous book is also some kind of dystopia I am going to keep going with the dystopia genre.

So I would like to recommend The Emperor´s Railroad by Guy Haley. This is very short; I think it was just 175 pages or something like that. And the cool fact about this is that even when I do not like zombies I really enjoyed this story and I was so invested in the story from the very begging until the end. I wrote a full review that you can check by clicking here.

And the easiest and quickest dystopia to read it is obviously The Selection by Kiera Cass. However I would not label this book as a dystopia but as a romance novel. In this book we follow America Singer who is a girl that enters the Selection that is a massive reality in which the heir to the throne have to choose his wife in the public eye and dating more than 30 girls at the same time. I have only read the first three books and in my opinion the series was conclude, but I will read the other two books some time.  However I read the first three books in less than two days.

Talking about romance I am not going to recommend Fifty Shades of Grey I am pretty sure that everyone have read this book already and if not, you have certainly know what the plot it´s about so I am going to be original and tell you to read To All the Boys I´ve Loved Before by Jenny Han. This book it´s so much fun and focus, not only on the romance, but also on the family relationships.

Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe is a novel that is incredible well written and even when in my opinion there are way too many pages that are not necessary to the plot, this book is so good. And actually I liked so much that a YA book deals with the topics that this book deals with. I have not a review for this one but if you will like me to review it, leave me a comment down below and I will post one.

And to finish I will like to do a recommendation for those of you who speaks Spanish. If you know this language and you are looking for some reads here they are.

If it´s the first book you´ll ever read I´ll recommend you to star with something a little bit simpler. For this I will recommend you Pulsaciones by Javier Ruescas and Francesc Miralles; this book is written through text messages and it´s so funny. It´s YA, romance, contemporary and it´s written by one of my favorite Spanish authors. Also you can read the Play trilogy also by Javier Ruescas which follows a couple of siblings in their journey to become famous singers.

 Dos Velas para el diablo by Laura Gallego is a Little bit more complex but it´s a standalone book. The story is told in the first person by Cat and she is the daughter of an Angel and I will say no more so you will read it and discover the wonderful writing of Laura Gallego.

And my last recommendation is for Los Buscadores trilogy by Luis Montero Manglano. The first book it´s incredible and so are the other two books in the series. Plus while reading it you will discover some of the Spanish history as well as the beautiful Madrid streets that are described so accurate (and I know this because I live in Madrid). This trilogy I will recommend it to people who are fluent in Spanish because it might be difficult to undestand otherwise. You can check my review (whicj is in Spanish) by clicking here

So that´s all for todays post. Do you have any summer recommendations?

If you have enjoyed this post subscribe to stay tuned or follow me on my social media (which you can find here). Usually I post in English on Fridays and in Spanish on Tuesdays.

LINKS TO PURCHASE THE BOOKS. 

If you want to purchase the book on Amazon click on Amazon and if you want to do it through Google Play Books clik there. 

Invisible by Allie Harrison (On sale June 28th)
Amazon   

The Truth About the Harry Quebert Affair by Joël Dicker 

The Reflections of the Queen Snow White by David Meredith 
Amazon   

The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss

Harry Potter and the Philosopher´s Stone by J.K. Rowling 

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowiling 

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling 

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling 

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling 

Harry Potter and the Half-Blod Prince by J.K. Rowling 

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. by J.K. Rowling

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts One and Two 

Red Rising by Pierce Brown 

The Emperor´s Railroad by Guy Haley 

The Selection by Kiera Cass 

The Elite by Kiera Cass 

The One by Kiera Cass 

To All the Boys I´ve Loved Before by Jenny Han 

Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz

Pulsaciones by Javier Ruescas and Frances Miralles
Amazon   

Play by Javier Ruescas

Show by Javier Ruescas

Live by Javier Ruescas

Dos Velas para el Diablo by Laura Gallego
Amazon   

La Mesa del Rey Salomón by Luis Montero Manglano

La Cadena del Profeta by Luis Montero Manglano

La Ciudad de los Hombres Santos by Luis Montero Manglano

See you all soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Historias y Leyendas de los Cuatro Reinos. El Báculo Sagrado

El economista romántico

Un retelling del mito del hilo rojo