23 Books and Emojis

Hello Everyone, 

The second of the promised posts is here. For this one I asked a few friends to send me the emojis they liked and with those emojis I will tell about books that I think about when see these emojis.


With no further do, let´s get started. 

 This emoji make me think of a book that made me roll my eyes. There are so many books that could fit in this category but the one that I liked better is The Selection by Kiera Cass. It made me roll my eye because sometimes I feel like the characters could do something smarter. But honestly I enjoyed this book so much.




This emoji reminds me of when I´ve done something and I do not want to be discovered. So for this book I will recommend one of my guilty pleasures. And that will be Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. This book is so funny and such a quick read. 

This emoji looks like thinking to solve a mystery. A mystery book that I´ve enjoyed so much is Think of a Number by John Verdon is well written and the characters are so rich. The series goes on at least until the 5th book, but trust me and read just the first two. 








This emoji is the one that I used to express when I love something so much. So I will recommend you all a book that I love so much and that would be Passenger by Alexandra Braken. This book is about time travel and the romance is so good. You can read my full review clicking here




This is one of my favorite’s emojis; it´s just so cute, and represent one of my favorite things in the world: sleeping. For this emoji I am going to tell you a book that makes me want to go to bed because I consider it to be boring and that would be Eeny Meeny by M.J.Arlidge. I am so sorry to say that but I just can´t with this book.






This emoji is probably the one that I used the most. I used it when I´ve proved that I am right. So for that I am going to tell a book I knew how it was going to end from the beginning. And that would be The Fifth Wave by Rick Yancey. 




A book that let me speechless was with no doubt at all Golden Son by Pierce Brown. You might have notice that I love this series, mostly because I talk about it all the time, but these books are just incredible, and the ending of Golden Son let me, as I´ve said, speechless. I still have to read Morning Star but I´ve heard nothing but good things about it so I am really looking forward to read that one, as soon as I have re-read this one. 



This emoji, in my opinion express satisfaction and a book I was satisfied I finished was Le Lys dans la Vallée by Hononrée Balzac. I was so happy when I completed this book; it was the first book I´ve ever read in French and I even when I did not enjoy this book as much as I enjoy others I am really happy I read it. 




This is my favorite emoji of all times. It represents me so well and I think it´s so cute. So for this emoji I am going to tell you to read my favorite book of all times: The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. 





This emoji is clearly on fear. And I will say that the very first time that I read harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban I was terrified, I don’t know why. 







A book that I literary kiss when I got it was Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare. But I kissed the book for a very good reason. I order the book in a famous book store from my city that sometimes imports books and Lady Midnight was one of those fortunately. But the first time they misplaced my order and then it took them a while to bring my book: so when I finally got the book I kissed it.



This emoji is obviously so strong so I will recommend a book in which the main character is strong. For this one I am going to choose Clockwork Princess. In the final book of The Infernal Devices Tessa has gone through some major character development and she is really so strong. I do not want to spoil anything, so I will tell you to read the book and if you want you can read my review by clicking here.





I used this emoji when I want to look bad at someone. So for this emoji I am going to say The Blue Economy by Gunter Pauli, because as you may know I disagree mostly with everything that was exposed in this book. You can read my full review clicking here

This emoji… He looks like he is having fun. I had so much fun reading Born To the Endless Night by Cassandra Clare. This is the 9th book in Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy, and obviously you need to read the other eight books to read this one but all of them are so short and so much fun to read. You can read my full review by clicking here







I use this emoji a lot and I used to indicate when something shocks me. A book that shocked me was Central park by Guillaume Musso. The end of this book was truly shocking but excellent, so I will recommend everyone to read this book. 






This is the emoji that I used when I am grateful and I am so grateful for Throne of Glass by Sarah J.Mass. I am grateful because despite I hate the covers of this book I love the story in it. I am really grateful that at the end I decided to read it. 





The angel emoji it´s obvious for a book that has a character very nice in it; for that I am going to choose Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard because of Carl. He is such a good person and trusts everybody that ends up how he ended up. And I really want to read the second book in the series as soon as I do have time.








The Flamenca is dancing something that is typically from the South of Spain. So I am going to choose a book that has been written by a Spanish author. And I am going to choose La Mesa del Rey Salomon by Luis Montero Manglano. This book is among my favorites and if you know Spanish I will encourage you to read it, you certainly can purchase it on Google Play Books.




This emoji is like Scrooge McDuck, he is all into money and that´s the reason why I am going to tell about a book that talks about economics. Contrary to what happen with the Blue Economy I really enjoy this one. I am talking about The Undercover Economist by Tim Harford. I really enjoyed this book because it takes into account that not everybody studies economics or things related to that; but the thing that I enjoyed the most about this book was that he explained the economy whith funny examples. 




This emoji is just so cool therefore I am going to pick a book with a very cool character, which basically means every single book in the YA literature. However the first character that came to me when I thought of this was Travis Maddox from Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire. I mean the boy signs Satisfaction by The Rolling Stones so Pidge is more comfortable. That´s the ultimate cool guy!




This is also one of my favorite emojis. I used it to indicate when I´ve blundered something, which actually is more often that I would like to admit. I am going to tell you about a book I regret I bought and obviously I regret I read The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield. 




This emoji is clearly naughty. So I am going to tell you about a book that I bought when I was specifically told not buy more books. Actually this happen this week; I went o pick up Lady Midnight and came back home with three books. My mum was obviously about to kill me so to save my life I told her: “Mum I could have bought 4 books instead I bought just 3 so you can´t be mad. I´ve been very strong”. And one of those books is the Sky Key by James Frey. 



Poor emoji, he is crying. The last book that made me cry was All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr. This book is so beautifully written and the story is so sad because of the circumstances… In my opinion this is a book that everyone should read at least once in a life time. You can read my review here.







And those were 23 books because of emojis.  I hope you´ve enjoyed. Stay tuned becuase there is one more post left for today: 4 Villans. 

See you all in a bit. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Historias y Leyendas de los Cuatro Reinos. El Báculo Sagrado

El economista romántico

Un retelling del mito del hilo rojo