The Outlander Book Tag

Hello Everyone,

I am a huge fan of Outlander and the other day I see this Outlander book tag and since today Outlander airs, at least in Spain, I am doing this.

This is a tag that was created by Sasha Alsberg from abooktopia, and I will link her video at the end of this post.

You touch soe standing stones and get transported back in time, what year would you hope to land in?

I am such a history nerd, so I would like to be in so many different eras.

First I would love to be in the Victorian era, I really don´t know why but is a time period that really calls my attention. I think I would love the fashion and the first football club was created during this period. Plus a lot of great authors, such as Charles Dickens, lived in this period.

I would also love to live in France during the previous years to the French Revolution, but as a part of the novelty, I know that the poor’s were extremely poor and that most likely I would love the fashion, that was so excessive as, apparently, everything else.

The Renascence will be a great place to land in as well. There was so many art happening. I would love to meet Leonardo, Rafael and Michelangelo. And it would be so cool to meet the Medicis.

The Middle Ages also are so appealing to me, even though I am aware that it wasn´t a great time for women, neither for the public health, and the expectation of life was so short. However I would say that I found so interesting the Crusades and all the knights and honor stuff. I would love to land in Camelot if that place had ever existed.

And I cannot forget about the classic cultures: Ancient Rome, Greece and Egypt. There was so much art and culture and philosophy and literature.

Clare is a very good nurse, what type of skill would you want to have that a fictional character excels at?

I will love to be a badass such as Izzy from The Mortal Instruments series, and be able to slay all kind of enemies like her. It will also be nice to have Katniss ability with the bow and the arrow. Both of those abilities will be so cool.

Jaimie and Claire are ultimate relationship goals, who is your favorite fictional couple?

I am going to say a ship in order not to spoil anyone. And that would say that Celaena and Chaol from the Throne of Glass series are my favorite pair.

The ending of Outlander was shocking, what is one book you read that totally blew your mind?

There are so many books that have blown my mind during the years; I mean I´ve read so many books. Just choose one is difficult but in order not to make this so long I will say just one and that will be Golden Soon by Pierce Brown.

You may know if you have read some of my older posts you that the Red Rising Trilogy is one of my all-time favorites. I could elaborate why this book blew my mind but I don´t want to spoil you and, you should totally go and read it.

Scotland has lots of castles and we see quite a few in Outlander, what fictional kingdom would you want as your own (castle included)?

The realm I would love to live in doesn´t has a castle in it actually, but I would really want that the world of The Name of the Wind and A Wise´s Man Fear would be my own. Not just because the characters are incredible, but because I would really like to use magic as Kvothe and I will really love to go to the University and go to the Underthing with Auri.

Outlander has some very steamy scenes, what is your favorite romance novel?

I think I haven´t read that many book romance novels. But I will say that right now it would be any of The Selection series by Kiera Cass. 

The Jacobite Rising is a huge plot point in the Outlander series, what book has your favorite battle in it?

I am not so into battles despite I am a huge fan of fantasy. But I will say that one of my favorite battles is the one that take place at the end of the Tiger´s Destiny by Colleen Houck. I thought this book was the conclusion to the Tiger´s Curse series but apparently there is one more book left, but there is no much information about it. However the battle near the end of this book is so epic and I thought it was so cool.

Jaime and Claire get married very unexpectedly, what fictional character would you want to marry on a whim?

Again I´ve read so many books that there are so many fictional character that I would love to marry with. But on a whim I would only marry with Will Herondale from The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare.

Will is so funny and cool and good-looking. Plus he is a reader just like me. We will be the perfect couple, just sitting there and reading all day long.

Scotland is a beautiful place, what is one fictional world you would love to visit?

My answer here is going to be a cliché but honestly I will love to visit Hogwarts. And go to all the classes, visit Hogsmeade and drink butterbeer.

If you could change the past, would you?

No, I wouldn´t change the past. I think all  that had happen to me made me the way I am right know and I really like the point I am in my life. So I won´t change the past.

So those are my answers and here I leave the original video by Sasha Alsberg.




See you all soon. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Historias y Leyendas de los Cuatro Reinos. El Báculo Sagrado

El economista romántico

Un retelling del mito del hilo rojo