February Wrap Up and March TBR



Hey guys, 

Another month bites the dust and so I thought it would be a good moment to tell you all about what have I read this month and what am I planning on reading next month. There is a lot of books to talk, so let´s right jump into it. 

As far as the books that I have read during the month of February I am beyond happy. I had a very good reading month and the lowest rated book I have read was 3 stars. Plus, I completed my TBR (check it here if you dont believe me).

Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo

This master piece, which I obviously gave 5 out of 5 stars was my first book of the month. I highly enjoyed I am really looking forward to read Crooked Kingdon which actually is my current reading as I am writting this.

There is a review that will be post shortly. 

Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton

The second book I completed this month had been on my radar for quite a while, so when I got a review copy thanks to NetGalley I was so happy. I read it and I like it but found some mistakes mostly regarding the world building. Finally I gave it 3.5 out of 5 starts, and will be reading the next book as soon as I can.

You can check my review by clicking either here or in the title.

Highly illogical behaviour by John Core Way
 
This book as the previous one had been under my radar for quite some time. Recently it was published in Spain and I got a review copy so again I was really happy.

I enjoyed a lot this read and the characters, even when I had some issues with some of them. Ultimately l gave it 4.5 out of 5 stars. And notice that I will be posting a review of this book in English in couple of weeks, in the meantime if you understand Spanish you can check my review by clicking here.

Golden Son by Pierce Brown

If you have been here for a while you might have notice how much I love the Red Rising series, and February was too god of a month as any other to reread the second book in the trilogy. I gave this book 5 out of 5 stars once more and I will tell you once more that you should read the trilogy.

You can check my review by clicking here or in the title.

Morning Star by Pierce Brown

I could have read this book a year ago, when it first came out, but I was waiting to buy the book that will match my copies of the first two books in the trilogy so I´ve been waiting until now when this third book came out in Spain. 

I have love every single page of this book and I gave it 5 out of 5 stars. There is a review coming up in the next weeks so stay tuned. 
 
The sign of four by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Last Christmas I was given a collection of all Sherlock Holmes books, that as you can see on the right side of the blog I still reading. This month I have read the second story in the book and I have really enjoyed though I like better a Study in Scarlet. I think it deserves a 4 out of 5 stars. 
 
The Queen of the Tearlig by Erika Johansen

I have so many things to say about this book. I like it but at the same time I did not, it was kind of hard to read due the fact that the chapters were really long and made feel like I havent read that much and so I was reading slower than I used to. Also, I did not like the style very much. However, I felt like there is potential for the story to improve and so I gave it 3 out of 5 stars and will continue reading the series.

If you are interested in this book in further detail I will be posting a review from it in the following weeks.


And those were all the books that I have read during February. As for what I am planning on reading on March, it´s going to be a very little TBR; I am having many test this month and I have to study if am intending to graduate.

The Harbinger by Nelou Keramati

The lovely Nelou was kind enough to send me an ARC of this novella which I am looking forward to read. This novella is settled in The Fray Theory universe and follows Dylan one of the characters that appears in the first instalment in the series, which was my favourite book of 2016, so obviously, I will recommend to you to read it.

I will leave you my review for The Fray Theory here and my interview with Nelou here for you to check it out. 
 
Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo

I am currently reading this book, because I could not wait for the spanish book to come out at some point this year. So i just bought an Eglish version even when the edition is different and it´s not going to be looking pretty on my shelves.  But I don´t care I just want to know what will happen with all these amazaing characters as soon as I can.

Bittersweet by Melanie Rostock

This is a book by a Spanish author and it´s the book we pick for the book club that I have with Noe from Entre Páginas y Letras. Unfortunately, is just in Spanish but in case you know the language we will be pleased to have you joining us. Here you have the link of the book club and by clicking on Noe´s blog you will visit her site.

1984 by George Orwell

One friend of mine lent it to me because I told him I was looking forward to read the book. I dont know much about the plot, actually I know nothing about it. But its a modern classic which Ive been said it´s a master piece and you guys know I love to read everything that is supposedly good.



What have you guys read during February? What are you planning to read next? Leave a comment down below or just tell me through Twitter (@martapasperez1). Dont forget to follow the blog to be notified when there is a new post.

See you all next Wednesday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Historias y Leyendas de los Cuatro Reinos. El Báculo Sagrado

El economista romántico

Un retelling del mito del hilo rojo