All the LIttle Lights


Hey guys!

Today’s post is one i have been dying for you to read ever since I finished this book a couple of weeks ago. I was given a review copy of All The Little Lights by Jamie McGuire through NetGalley, so thanks to both the publisher and NetGalley.

You guys probably don´t know this because I think I haven’t mention this, but I do love Jamie McGuire and Beautiful Disaster is among my favourite books ever since I first read it a few years ago. In fact, I am considering rereading that book and bring you all a review. The thing is, that I was thrilled to see that this author was coming out with a new book.

All the Little Lights was such a wonder to read. We follow two characters Catherine and Elliot as the fall in love and struggle with some heavy stuff. I really don’t want to say much because the book is not coming out until tomorrow. But I promise you guys will really enjoy the book. Is a contemporary book dealing with bulling, mental illness as well as family drama.

I am so happy to have read this book. I read it so fast and I was so hook into every single line, that I could not stop reading. That is a problem because I work from 9 and really need to get up early in the mornings. I have a couple of sleepy days but I survived.

As you can gather from what I have said so far, I really enjoyed this book. and it was because it was a great story tell in a magnificent way. I am not proud to say that I have yet to read more books from the author, I don’t know what have been delating me, because I know I highly enjoy her writing. The style is really engaging and it fits the story just perfect.

The story is told from two points of view. The two narrators are the two main characters that I mention before. Catherine is a great character, she is so complex and so well constructed: she is one of the best female characters I have ever read. I like that she was strong and vulnerable and even when everything she went through she was such a human character. As for Elliot he is so well constructed and have such great moral values which I must say I haven’t seen in romance books or in any books. As for the rest of the characters they are greatly constructed and were not just there to interact with the protagonists they were part of the story and brought interesting facts.

The story line was very interesting. It might seem simple at first but when reflected upon it was complex and full of layers. I loved how the author touch so many interesting and important topics in a way that was thoughtful, respectful and still interesting for the reader. And don’t even get me started in how good was the mystery element.

I gave this book 5 stars and highly recommend it to everyone even if this is not your favourite genre to read, as is not mine.



See you all next Monday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Historias y Leyendas de los Cuatro Reinos. El Báculo Sagrado

El economista romántico

Un retelling del mito del hilo rojo