My Favorite Books of 2016

Today is the last day of the year and as promised here is my favorite books of the year. In case you want to see my favorites from each quarter you can find it down below by clicking.





This year I have read quite a while a total of 106 books. Overall I am really happy because I have read really good books.

This is going to be a count down and I am going to choose my top ten.  There is reviews for all this book except for the one in the 5th position; those reviews will be linked in the title of the books. Without further do, let´s get started.

10. Passenger by Alexandra Braken

If you are interested in a full review of this book you can check it now by clicking on its title. And as matter of fact it was one of the first reviews on the blog. This book it´s on this list because there is action, romance, fantasy and a little bit of history. It was really entertaining and I will definitely recommend the read.

9. The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah

Those who are regulars in the blog will know by now that I love historical fiction. I include this book in this list because even when it’s so big I read it in less than a day and enjoyed it so much. It´s addicting and even when it´s fiction reflects a part of the history that it´s not told very often: “What women did during Second World War?”. The Nightingale is beautifully written and full of amazing characters that you will love.

8. Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon

I love Outlander in every form of it. I love the books and I love the TV show. The first book didn’t make to the list because the second book it’s so amazing that just eclipse the rest of the books (that I have read so far).

This book made it to the list because it has the right amount of romance and a lot of adventures. And because of Jamie; everyone who has read the series or watch the TV show will know what I am talking about.

7. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen


I´ve read this book for the very first time this year and I understood why it´s called a classic. Not only the writing its brilliant but also the story. It´s relatable even nowadays, so many time after.


A friend of mine gave me this book as a birthday present and I am beyond grateful for it. This book it’s amazing. It’s completely different to everything that you have read before and you will love it. If you like mysteries, you will definitely love this one.

5. Le Livre des Baltimore by Joël Dicker

This book it´s supposed to be the second part of The Truth About the Harry Quebert Affair but the only thing in common with it is the author and the main character. It’s a book that is not even whithin the same genre that its predecessor but still a master piece.

4. The Young Elites by Marie Lu

This book made it to the list because it goes against the clichés and instead the main character being a good girl, she is some short of a villain and I love it. there is two more books in the series but I haven’t had the occasion to read them yet.

3. The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson

After reading this book I understand why mostly everyone tend to say that Brandon Sanderson is one of the masters of the contemporary fantasy. The final empire it´s amazing, it’s a dystopian world with a magic system that is like nothing I have ever seen before. The characters are well portrayed and the author is not afraid of taking risk in order to create a good story. I hope that I will be reading the next installment in the series soon.

2. Lady Midnght by Cassandra Clare

If you have been here for a while you know that I am a huge fan of Cassandra Clare and that at least one of their books have to be into this list. Lady Midnight is the first book in a new trilogy call the Dark Artifices that is set on the shadowhunters universe. In order to read this book you should definitely read the rest of the books by the author so you don’t spoil yourself about the stuff that previously happen and because otherwise you won’t understand much of it.

1. The Fray Theory: Resonance by Nelou Keramati

I received a copy of the ARC for review by the author and I am beyond grateful. I loved this story. I am not quite sure in which gender the story should fit, maybe science fiction, maybe fantasy or maybe magical realism.

But the point it´s that this book make it to the top 1 because the writing it´s compelling and the characters likeable even when they try not to be so. The story it’s addicting and you won’t stop reading until you reach the last page of it. It´s an amazing debut and I am really looking forward to read the next book in the series.

So far, I know that Nelou it´s going to publish a novella named The Harbinger and that is supposed to be between the first and the second book.

And because the author is so nice, she agreed to do an interview that will be posted next Wenesday. 



Those were my favorite books of the year. Which ones were yours? Leave a comment down below or in any of my social media (that you can find here).

Hope you all have a Very Happy New Year.


See you all next year. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Historias y Leyendas de los Cuatro Reinos. El Báculo Sagrado

El economista romántico

Un retelling del mito del hilo rojo