My Erasmus Wrap Up

Hey guys!

I am finally home and that means that i will be blogging with schedules once again. I am sorry for have abandoned the blog somehow during this past 4 months but I really felt that Erasmus is something that only happens once in a life time and I really want to enjoy the whole experience (if you want to check my post about Erasmus click here).

As I was saying regular post are coming back but I am changing the days in which I used to post because of university schedules. So, I will be posting in English every Wednesday and in Spanish every Friday. Don’t forget to subscribe to the blog or follow me on my socialmedia (which you can find here) where I tell you about my post.

However, this last few days of the year you can wait to find a few more post out of the regular posting days because as the end of the year is coming to an end there are favorites books list that will be coming out in the next days. But without further do let´s go with the actual topic of the post. The books that I have read during my Erasmus.

I haven’t read as much as I think I would. In total I´ve read 7 books, which is not a bad thing considering that sometimes that is what people read in a year, but it is a low mark considering that usually I read around 8 books a month.

El (sin)sentido del amor by Javier Ruescas

This is book by one of my all-time favorite Spanish authors, but definitely not his best. I really love the rest of his work so definitely if you know some Spanish and want to try to read something on this language go for any of his books. However, this was such a huge disappointment.
The main character of the story was not likeable and the plot was really easy to predict. I gave this book 2 out 5 stars. You can check the review that I did for it by clicking on the title of the book but it´s on Spanish.


I met the author on Facebook and she was kind enough to send me a review copy of her book and even do an interview for the blog (which you can check by clicking on her name).

About the book, I should say that is really good and the style that she uses is so simple that is wonderful. This is one of this books that you read in one sitting literally. I gave it 5 out of 5 stars and I am really looking forward to read more books by this author. You can check my review by clicking on the title of the book, but once again is on Spanish.

Magisterium. The Iron Trial by Cassandra Clare and Holly Black

I loved this book. This is one of the first middle grades sagas I read as an adult and I am loving it. The book is by in e of my all-time favorite authors, Cassandra Clare, and her friend Holly Black. And I must say that is wonderfully written.

The characters are really well constructed and so is the world. You might seem some similarities with Harry Potter because the whole magic school thing but that is it. There is no other similarities between this two books, besides the fact that you most likely will love this book if you have love Harry Potter.

I gave this book 4 out of 5 stars. And I will soon post an English review of it, in the mean time you can check my Spanish review by clicking on the title of the book.

Magisterium. The Copper Gauntlet by Cassandra Clare and Holly Black

I was so excited about the story that I immediately jump into the second book in the saga. What is great about this book? Well, just everything about it. The universe is expanded in a very interesting way and so it is the characters who have grown up. I am really looking forward to read The Broce Key, which is the next installment in the series, as soon as I have managed to read a couple of other books that have been in my TBR for quite a while now.

I gave this book 4 out of 5 stars. And I will post a full review in no-time; in the meantime, you can check my Spanish review by clicking on the title of the book.

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

Now I can fully understand why this book is a classic. It´s beyond wonderful. It´s not only entertaining but beautifully written and completely timeless. You can relate easily with the characters even when the story is supposed to be happening during the Regency period.

I gave this book 5 out of 5 stars and soon will be posting an English review. In the meantime, if you speak Spanish, you can check my review by clicking in the title of the book.

The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson

Ok, now I get why there is so much hype around the work of Mr. Sanderson. He is a master and I say that only having read one of his books, because if the rest were just a third as good as this one they would still be masterpieces.

Obviously, I gave this book 5 out of 5 stars and I am really looking forward to read the next books in the series as soon as I can get my hands on them. You can check my full review, this time on English, by clicking on the title of the book.

Fantastic Beast and Where to Find Them (the original screenplay) by J.K. Rowling

I was ling in such a small city that there was no cinema so of course I haven’t watch yet the Fantastic Beast movie. Luckily that will change this afternoon. However, I really need to know what was happening so I had to order the book and read it.

Let me tell you that the cover and the design of the book is beautiful. The story seems to be interesting and I cannot wait to see what have they done with it on the big screen. I will be posting a review of it, I guess sometime next week. By the way I gave this book 5 out of 5 stars.


And that´s all I have read from September until now. I hope that in this few days until the end of the year I manage to read some more books and review them for you guys.


See you soon in the next post. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Historias y Leyendas de los Cuatro Reinos. El Báculo Sagrado

El economista romántico

Un retelling del mito del hilo rojo