Wrap Up July 2016

Hello guys,

This past month has been crazy and you know it. My schedule have been terrible and a have very little spare time; and the few I did have I use it to sleep whether I wanted to or not. That´s why the post had been arriving not on its usual days and I have been reading so little, just 8 books.

However this month is not going to be better regarding my reading time, mostly because on the 29th I am leaving to Germany where I will be studding this semester. So I have to prepare so many things, that I done even know where to start. But I will worry about later on. So let’s go with my wrap up.

As usual if I have a review for any of the books I am talking about will be linked and you can check it out by clicking on its title.


This month had a very good reading started. It was a rereading but I really enjoyed, I think that even more than the first time I read it. This book could easily be the conclusion for The Mortal Instruments series, but I am glad it goes on. I wrote a full review on Spanish which you have linked on its title in case you Spanish and you want to check it out. However my English review will be posted as soon as I have time.

I gave it 5 out of 5 stars.


I have so many issues with this book. The main one being that I don´t know whether this is a children
´s book or an adults book; I mean, I will put it in the latter category just because the heavy topics that are deal within it but the main character behaves like I child. I am not going to say that much besides the fact that I gave it 1 out 5 stars. You have my review linked on its title.


I read this book because I participated on the launching event of this book and even when it´s not my usual type of book I enjoyed the reading. The story is about a farm guy who orders a mail order bride and how the two of them meet and what happen with them. I gave 3 o of 5 stars and you have my review linked on the title in case are interested.


I received an advanced reader’s copy of this book via Net Galley and to be honest I am beyond grateful for it. I really enjoyed myself while reading this book and I have not become crazy.
It turns out so interesting to see that the thing you study on class (for those who don´t know I am studding a major in Finances and Accounting) has a practical use besides the exercise that you have to solve in order to past the tests. The book explains everything in such a good ways; everyone will be able to understand it but, of course it will be easy to understand for people who have a background in financial statement analysis.

I gave 4 out of 5 stars, and you can access my review by clicking on the title.

El crucigrama de Jacob by A.L. Martin

This book is just published in Spanish but I will tell you a Little bit about it. At times is funny and at times is the most boring thing you will ever encounter. Any way I quite enjoyed it mostly because it was a birthday present of my friends, who bother to look for a book within one of my favorite genre. And then people say that boys are not into the details! I gave it 3 out of 5 stars.

Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon

Definitely this is the book that I enjoyed the most this month. I will be posting a review soon but I the mean time I will told you about the amazing research work that it’s obvious after this book. Of course it’s true this is a mix between fantasy and historical fiction and something did not happen in reality but in general it’s very truthful to what was going on during the period.

Obviously I gave this one 5 out of 5 stars

Voyager by Diana Gabaldon

The third installment in the Outlander sagas was kind of a disappointment despite I enjoyed the book. It might be related to the fact that its predecessor, Dragonfly in Amber was such a great book. However this book was 4 out of 5 stars.

There were some parts I could not cease laughing and there were some in which my heart was broke in hundred pieces. Any way a full review will be uploaded with more coherent thoughts.

City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare

Going on with y reread of The Mortal Instruments I picked up this one which in my opinion is the worst book that Cassandra Clare has ever written. I am not going to explain in further details because I have a review prepare. Right now all you need to know it´s that I gave 2 out of 5 stars.


What have you read during July? Dou you have any recommendations?

If you liked this post don´t forget to follow the blog or follow me on my social media (which can be found here) to know when there is a new post.


See you all soon. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Historias y Leyendas de los Cuatro Reinos. El Báculo Sagrado

El economista romántico

Un retelling del mito del hilo rojo